Google’s Grab and Go with Chrome Enterprise
PowerGistics Towers Featured in Google Grab and Go Program with Chrome Enterprise
A new Google program featuring PowerGistics Towers allows computer users who experience device failures to quickly get back to work by grabbing a loaner Chromebook.
Google has launched a new effort to help companies implement a program similar to one they’re using internally that helps eliminate downtime due to device failures.
This idea of a Grab and Go program started within many of its offices around the world. In the past year, Google has seen more than 30,000 unique users and over 100,000 loans. The impact of time savings going far beyond the employee who is not working, but also the time lost by IT associates. The time that is spent on repairs and replacements could be better spent by focusing on more strategic initiatives. IHS estimates that downtime costs a large enterprise up to $60 million a year.
“Our research found that the cost of ICT downtime is substantial, from $1 million a year for a typical mid-size company to over $60 million for a large enterprise,” said Matthias Machowinski, research director for enterprise networks and video at IHS.
Besides device downtime, Google imagines that the Grab n Go model is also ideal for several other employee types:
- Frontline workers who only need devices for short periods of time—such as for training, inventory or sending emails.
- Shift workers in companies with shared devices, such as healthcare and call centers can use virtualization solutions through Citrix and VMware to access legacy apps.
- Remote workers– Those who work outside the office, or frequently need both a work and home device.
According to Russ White, in a blog July 17, Google has decided to offer a turnkey service that enterprises can use to deploy Grab and Go programs within their own environments.
Want to get started with the Google Grab and Go program? Check out this white paper written by Russ White and Luke Best on Google’s self-service Chromebook loaner program.
Have more questions about our PowerGistics Towers for storing and charging devices fill out our form below.
Want to learn more about how you can use PowerGistics Towers in your business, clinic, factory, or store fill out the contact form below.
- Barrier Free Access: Eliminates the need for IT management of devices while saving space with our vertical design
- Device Charging Management: Each cord is positioned in the front of the shelf ensuring the device is plugged in upon return
- Device Cord Organization: Power cord is locked into each shelf eliminating tangled cords and protecting your investment
- Industrial Quality: The station is comprised of a steel stand, aluminum shelves, and no plastic components. This ensures durability while backed by a lifetime warranty
- Keep it cool: The open design invites air circulation and aluminum shelves help keep devices cool extending the life of devices