Careers at PowerGistics
K-12 SALES REPRESENTATIVE
K-12 Sales Representative Job Description
The K-12 Sales Representative’s focus is to bring new business to PowerGistics through all channels. This role is responsible for researching and identifying key school district contacts, generating interest in our product through creative outreach, and determining if the schools are a good fit for the PowerGistics suite of products. This person will be responsible for growing the early stages of the funnel. As the role progresses the intent is they manage the full sales cycle through the pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities
Background & Experience
Skills & Traits
- Develop a deep understanding of PowerGistics mission, products, features, and the problems our Made in Wisconsin products solve.
- Listen to and understand the needs of K-12 Staff regarding the management, charging, and storing of classroom laptops, Chromebooks, and iPads.
- Discover the schools who will be best served by PowerGistics solution.
- Think creatively about how best to develop outreach programs to reach the right folks at the right schools.
- Share ideas with the marketing team to strengthen our lead generation programs.
- Introduce our product to new schools and establish relationships.
- Meet and exceed your sales funnel growth goals and quarterly sales goals outlined by the team.
- Strategize with team on how best to bring new business to PowerGistics.
Sales Representative Duties & Responsibilities
- Research schools and identify who to contact, develop accurate lists.
- Draw from our current database of leads to identify best opportunities.
- Daily outreach through calls, personal email, social media, email campaigns, webinars, networking and trade shows (when these return).
- Generate and nurture new leads based on research and efforts.
- Qualify prospects discovered through your processes and brought in by inbound marketing efforts as assigned.
- Manage and maintain pipeline of interested prospects.
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales manager.
- Respond to incoming calls and customer support requests, sharing tracking info, etc.
- When trade shows return, participate as booth staff with travel up to 25-30%.
Background & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- 2-3 years in sales development and/or account management, preferably in the Education industry
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding sales/quota goals
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Experience selling into the K-12 Education Technology market.
- Located near Columbus, WI (near Madison) and willing to commute. For the right candidate, remote work will be considered.
- Proficiency with Salesforce Pardot
Skills & Traits
- Sincere passion for sales
- Proven creative problem-solving approach with strong analytical skills
- Friendly and sociable, a personality that genuinely enjoys engaging with people
- Flexible and adaptable, having the ability to pivot when needed and be comfortable in a new and evolving sales role
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Resilient, not afraid of rejection
- Proactive go-getter
- Eager to roll your sleeves up and dig into new projects, no matter how complicated.
- Detail oriented and willingness to do deep dives for results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listener
- Effective collaborator
- Strong desire to meet goals and move up within sales team
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Consumer Goods
PowerGistics is a division of G.D. Roberts & Co., Inc. and is located in Columbus, WI. G.D. Roberts & Co., Inc. offers an excellent compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance, a 401(K) plan with a company match, PTO and an environment that reflects our commitment to our employees.
G.D. Roberts & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
To contact PowerGistics, fill out the form below.