33 Best Teacher Quotes of All-Time
Education is a foundational aspect of any society, and teachers lead the way in fostering a safe and healthy environment for children to grow and learn. As educators of future generations, they truly shape the future of our world. An unintentional call for ‘mother’ or a beloved stick figure drawing for Teacher Appreciation Day is only a small indicator of how teachers have an impact on our lives. They have the incredible ability to influence a child’s passions, self-esteem and confidence.
Teachers work tirelessly as rock stars of education to better the lives of future generations. Our teachers prepare us to face the world through dedication, unwavering optimism and hard work. They show up every day to educate and inspire, so it’s no wonder that people across the ages have remarked on their passion and commitment.
Whether you’re a teacher in need of an extra push to get you through a tough day or you’re looking to share some inspirational words with your own teacher, these 33 quotes will be sure to brighten any teacher’s day.
If you’re on the hunt for some of the best teacher quotes of all time, keep reading for some encouragement, inspiration and loads of love from and for our everyday heroes in the classroom.
Inspirational Quotes for Teachers
Need an inspirational message for teachers? Let’s take a look at the sweetest teacher quotes for our beloved educators:
1. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” — William Arthur Ward
2. “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” — Mark Van Doren
3. “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” — Einstein
4. “There is no failure. Only feedback.”— Robert Allen
5. “The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” — Dr. Seuss
6. “Never discourage anyone…who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.” — Plato
7. “What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul.” — Joseph Addison
Motivational Teacher Quotes
These motivational quotes are the perfect reminder of why teachers work so hard. Take a look at some motivational teacher quotes to remind yourself why you chose to become a teacher in the first place:
8. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” — Sydney J. Harris
9. “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” — Japanese Proverb
10. “If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.” — Chinese Proverb
11. “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.” — Mustafa Kemal Atatürkf
12. “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.” — Unknown
13. “A teacher affects eternity, he can never tell where his influence stops.” — Henry B. Adams
14. “It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.” — Michael Morpurg
Quotes About Teachers Changing Lives
If you’re looking for a little more inspiration on teaching and why you love your job, take a look at these heartfelt teacher quotes about a teacher’s power to change lives:
15. “Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time.” — Chinese Proverb
16. “And if those children are unresponsive, maybe you can’t teach them yet, but you can love them. And if you love them today, maybe you can teach them tomorrow.” — Jeffery R. Holland
17. “If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow.” — John Dewey
18. “I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” — Einstein
19. “If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” — Ignacio ‘Nacho’ Estrada
20. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” — Benjamin Franklin
Passionate Teacher Quotes
Take a look at these passionate teaching quotes to remind yourself that all your hard work pays off:
21. “Great teachers focus on expectations. Other teachers focus on rules. The least effective teachers focus on the consequences of breaking the rules.” — Todd Whitaker
22. “By doing what you love you inspire and awaken the hearts of others.” — Satsuki Shibuya
23. “A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers.” — Helen Keller
24. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.”— Bob Talbert
25. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” — William Butler Yates
26. “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination and instill a love of learning.” — Brad Henry
Short Teacher Quotes
Short teacher quotes are ideal for anybody searching for inspiration or encouragement in a short but sweet package. These short teacher quotes are ideal for including in small thank-you cards or notes for events such as Teacher Appreciation Week or the end of the school year:
27. “Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.” — Aristotle
28. “Nine-tenths of education is encouragement.” — Anatole France
29. “Teaching is not entertainment, but it is unlikely to be successful unless it is entertaining.” — Herbert A. Simon
30. “What passion would be to teaching, salt is to food.” — Kavita Bhupta Ghosh
31. “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” — Mark Van Doren
32. “It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.” — Unknown
33. “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” — Robert Frost
PowerGistics | Get a Quote With Us Today
Sometimes, teaching can be a little challenging, and having the energy to tackle each day can often come in short supply. Occasionally, all we need is a little motivation or an inspiring quote to give us that bump we need to get through the day. It also helps when teachers have access to the best equipment to make classroom management easier.
Teachers have a huge responsibility to educate and manage the classroom, all while keeping on schedule. Anything that can help teachers save time and increase productivity will benefit them and their students. PowerGistics device towers can charge and store classroom laptops and tablets. With easy deployment and simple organization, these innovative charging stations eliminate the major hassles of device deployment in the classroom. They also save schools money by increasing device handling safety to prevent drops and other damage.
Do you think you could use some new equipment or smart solutions to help you manage your classroom or school more efficiently? If you would like more information about our products and services, contact us at PowerGistics or request a pricing quote to provide safer device deployment in the classroom — let’s make a difference together.